Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 large onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tsp sugar
- ½ Tbps chopped fresh parsley
- French baguette, cut into ½ inch slices
- ¼ cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 2 Tbsp MiaBella Traditional Balsamic
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onions, salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
- Stir in sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally and scraping brown bits off bottom of pan, 20-25 minutes or until onions are golden brown. (Reduce heat, if necessary, to keep from burning.) Stir in parsley; place onion mixture into bowl.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place bread slices onto baking sheet. Divide onion mixture evenly among bread slices. Top each with blue cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
- Drizzle with MiaBella Traditional Balsamic. Serve immediately.
PRO TIP: Garnish with bacon bits or replace bleu cheese with goat cheese