Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 container store-bought pizza dough
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup MiaBella Traditional Balsamic
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface until it is roughly 12 inches wide and 1/4-inch thick. Place on a baking sheet (pizza pan if available) and sprinkle it liberally with cornmeal.
- Brush the pizza dough all over with a 1/2 tablespoon olive oil then bake it until its golden brown and the crust is crisp around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the dough is baking, mince 1 clove of garlic and add it to a medium bowl along with the diced tomatoes, chopped basil, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper, to taste. Set the mixture aside.
- Remove the pizza dough from the oven. Slice the tip off of the remaining garlic clove and immediately rub the cutoff end all over the hot pizza dough.
- Spoon the tomato mixture on top. Drizzle the tomato mixture with MiaBella Traditional Balsamic, garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.